Responding with Poetry!
- Grade 7
- Writing and Representation
In this mission, students write free-verse poems based on their personal responses to life using literary devices like metaphor, personification, imagery, repetition, rhyming, etc. Students use descriptive vocabulary related to the five senses. They present their work during a poetry slam.
- I use words related to the five senses and literary devices in my free-verse poem.
- five senses: touch, smell, hearing, sight, and taste
- literary devices: repetition, rhyming, syllable, imagery
- free-verse poem
- techniques: alliteration, metaphor
- descriptive language
- slam poetry