Your Point is Debatable!
- Grade 6
- Oral and Oral-Visual Communication
In this mission, students learn about the LEET technique, which is used to form solid arguments. They apply this technique using a graphic organizer to prepare for and participate in a mini debate.
- I use graphic organizers to prepare for and participate in a mini debate.
- active listening strategies
- body language
- LEET: Label, Explain, Example, Tieback
- graphic organizers
Read Between the Lines!
Students make inferences as a reading strategy to determine the purpose of a First Nation oral tradition story and the main characters’ perspectives.
- Reading and Interpretation