A Solid Construction
- Grade 5
- Science and Technology
- Understanding Structures and Mechanisms
In this mission, students name internal and external forces. Using the engineering design process, students construct and test the strength of a structure and indicate the forces acting on that structure.
- I name the internal and external forces acting on a structure, and describe their effects on the structure.
- engineering design process
Students explore two types of energy: renewable and non-renewable. Students then research and compare them.
- Understanding Earth and Space Systems
Matter and energy
Students discover how the physical properties of the three states of matter make everyday objects and substances useful.
- Understanding Matter and Energy
My Body, My Health and Me
Students explain the effects of social and environmental factors on health and how to improve it.
- Understanding Life Systems