- Grade 3
- Spatial Sense
In this mission, students classify and identify different solids by comparing their faces, vertices, edges and angles. Students then build cubes, prisms, and pyramids.
- I identify different solids based on their geometric properties.
- I classify different solids by comparing them.
- faces, vertices, edges
- 3D, three-dimensional, three dimensions
- flat figures, polygons
- solids with pentagonal base
- solids with hexagonal base
- geometric properties
- rectangular, triangular
Now That’s Interesting!
Students work with questions of interest to establish the nature of their data collection.
Purchasing and shopping
Students estimate and calculate the change to return for a variety of simple cash transactions with dollar amounts and amounts under one dollar.
- Financial Literacy
On the Edge of One Thousand
Students explore numbers up to 1,000, represent them, and decompose them using different methods and tools.