Different Ways to Measure
- Grade 2
- Spatial Sense
In this mission, students measure lengths using unconventional units of measurement. Students also explore the relationship between the size of the unconventional unit and the accuracy of the resulting measurement.
- I measure lengths using unconventional units of measurement.
- distance between two points
- appropriate unit of measurement
- unconventional unit of measurement
- importance of unit size
- more accurate measurement
- length attribute
- concept of length conservation
Students compare natural numbers up to 200 to order them in different ways.
Good Leaps to Estimate!
Students estimate the number of objects in sets of 200 or fewer objects.
Welcome to the Hundreds!
Students explore numbers up to 200, represent them, and decompose them using different methods and tools.
Students combine various Canadian coins to arrive at the same amount, going up to ¢200.
- Financial Literacy